Conjunto Heritage Taller – Job Opportunity
Application Deadline: Friday, April 21, 2017
Position: Part-time Program and Grant Manager
Hours: 20-25 hrs/week. Schedule is somewhat flexible; some nights and Saturdays required.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Under the direction of the board of directors, oversees the organization’s office operations, development and public relations, educational programs, and public programs, and provides administrative support to the board.
- May represent the organization at community meetings, public events, business meetings and in media interviews as necessary.
- Reports to Board President on routine matters and to the entire Board of Directors on monthly basis.
Office Operations include administrative duties such as answering phone and correspondence; paying monthly rent and bills; completing monthly invoices for COSA grant in a timely and accurate manner; managing petty cash, monitoring account balances, and providing regular financial reports to Board Treasurer; overseeing any required maintenance/repairs to leased office space.
Administrative Support to Board of Directors includes scheduling, attending, documenting, and presenting a monthly report at board meetings; attending standing committee meetings and performing required follow-up tasks. Also, performs other duties as assigned by the Board.
Educational Programs refer to studio accordion and bajo sexto classes, off-site senior classes, and any other special classes CHT may conduct. Duties include recruiting and enrolling new students into the program, as well as managing class sessions, collecting tuition and managing instrument rentals and inventory (and maintaining records of all such activity).
Public Programs include event coordination and documentation of performances including First Fridays, the Big Squeeze, Conjunto Festival, Texas Folklife Festival, Annual Tardeada, Dia de los Muertos events, and others. (This may involve securing venues, dates, performers and all necessary support services for Taller events.)
Development and Public Relations include research and preparation of grant proposals, management of budgets for all active grants, writing and submitting required reports to funders in a timely manner, and reporting to Board on such activities; overseeing public relations, publicity and marketing for the organization, including, but not limited to maintaining Website and Facebook pages, PayPal account, and e-newsletters via Constant Contact.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Prior experience working within a non-profit organization (minimum 1-2 years)
- Good Computer Skills (proficient in MS Office Suite)
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms and ability to serve as administrator for such
- Experience writing and managing grants
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Some background in the cultural arts
Submit Letter of Interest, Resume and contact information for two Professional References to:
via email: Conjuntoheritagetaller@gmail.com
via US Mail: Hiring Committee
Conjunto Heritage Taller
411 Barrera St.
San Antonio, TX 78210